Announcements for May 22-26
Enrollment Available for 2017-18
Paradigm still has enrollment available for the 2017-2018 school year for all grades 7-12. We are especially looking for 7th & 9th graders!
Our best advertising is word of mouth from our families!
If you have any family, friends, or neighbors that are unhappy with their school situation, please tell them about Paradigm!
We also have many families who want to enroll siblings, but have not completed the enrollment process. If you have not brought in birth certificate and immunization for an incoming student, they are NOT enrolled! Please take care of this as soon as possible.
Also, don't forget about our referral program this year - here is a reminder of that program:
- You will receive a 5% discount on your total 2017-2018 registration fees (Activity fee and Instructional Materials fee) for each student you refer to Paradigm. In order to be eligible for the discount, the student must enroll at Paradigm and attend school. Paradigm will apply the discount upon enrollment of the referred student, but if the student does not end up attending, the discount will be removed.
- There is no limit to how many students you refer to Paradigm for the discount. If you refer 20 or more students and they enroll and attend school, you will receive a 100% discount on your registration fees.
- This discount only applies to registration fees (Activity fee and Instructional Materials fee) for the 2017-2018 school year. It does not apply to the Enrollment fee, class fees, or optional fees.
- New students will be prompted at the beginning of the Student Enrollment Form to indicate who or where they heard about Paradigm. This is where you will receive the credit for your referral, so be sure to tell the parent you referred that they put your name.
- If you have a referral and that student wants to start at Paradigm sooner than next fall, you can still receive credit for that student for a discount on 2017-2018 registration fees.
Thank you for your support!
HELP OUR MUSIC PROGRAM!
Summerhays Music Center is hosting a contest
and the winning school will receive a $1,000 gift certificate!
To enter, go to @summerhaysmusiccenter on Instagram,
follow their account, and then find the Paradigm High School logo
and "like" it! That's all you have to do!
Our school is in 2nd place, but we need 400 more likes to catch up
to the school in 1st place! The contest ends Thursday May 31st
so please encourage friends and family to help our school out!
WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!
We are excited to announce that we are re-carpeting the entire school this summer, but we need volunteers to help us prepare!
Volunteers are needed to help move furniture and boxes out of classrooms June 5th-7th. Anyone (adults and teens, no small children please!) who can lift heavy furniture (desks, bookshelves, tables, chairs) and heavy boxes are welcome to volunteer and it can count toward your volunteer hours for this year or next year.
If you would like to sign-up to help, please e-mail Mallory Woodbury at email@example.com
by Wednesday May 30th. Below are the dates and times volunteers are needed:
Monday June 5th - 9:00-12:00 or 1:00-4:00
Tuesday June 6th - 9:00-12:00 or 1:00-4:00
Wednesday June 7th - 9:00-12:00 or 1:00-4:00
Once the carpet is done (most likely July), we will send out another e-mail asking for volunteers to help move all of the furniture and boxes back. Thank you for your help!!!
- The last day of high school classes will be this Thursday May 25th. Oral Exams begin this Friday May 26th through Thursday June 1st (no school on Monday May 29th). Students should be signing up for their Oral Exam time during seminar class this week. More info about the last day of school will be sent out next week.
- There is no school next Monday May 29th for Memorial Day.
- School fees are due! Make sure you pay all of your fees and library fines to the front office. Students with outstanding balances may not receive their yearbook at the end of the year and may not register for classes for next year. Outstanding balances were e-mailed out to parents over the last week or two. Please contact the office if you have any questions.
- Senior Checklists are now available to pick-up in the main office. These are required for students who plan to graduate from Paradigm and participate in the graduation ceremony. They are due this Friday May 26th!
- Graduates! Our MANDATORY graduation rehearsal is next Wednesday May 24th at 3:00 pm at Paradigm (NOT at Kingsbury Hall). You are required to be at this rehearsal if you are participating in our graduation ceremony. Make sure you get time off work or schedule appointments for another day because there's NO exceptions to missing this rehearsal!
- The year-end band, orchestra, and prep choir concert, "Disney and Dragons," will be on Tuesday May 23rd at 7:00 pm in the Paradigm auditorium. Entrance is free! Please come support all of our great musicians!
- Join us for Paradigm's Dance Spring Spectacular this Friday May 26th at 7:00 pm at Summit Academy in Bluffdale. Admission is free! Paradigm's Dance Company, Ballroom dance classes, and other great student performers will be highlighted at this concert. We hope to see you there!
- All library books are now OVERDUE! If you need a book for orals, please see the lovely ladies in the library. If you lost a book or have a question, they are also here to help you! These ladies also have a summer reading challenge, so please visit them!
- It's your last chance to buy a yearbook! They are first come, first serve, so don't miss out on preserving your memories! There are less than 50 high school yearbooks left! $55.00 for high school yearbooks.
- The High School Yearbook Sign & Socialize Party is on Thursday June 1st from 5:00-8:00 pm at Paradigm. Come get your yearbook a day early, listen to music, sign yearbooks, and hang out with friends one last time before summer begins!
- Paradigm's own concert band is marching in the South Jordan parade on Saturday June 3rd at 9:00 am! They are looking and sounding amazing! Come support them and watch a fun parade!
- The Wright Driving School is offering a summer drivers ed class that starts Monday June 5th. 9:00 am at Summit Academy in Bluffdale and 1:00 pm at Providence Hall in Herriman. Please contact Mike Wright if you'd like to sign-up for one of these two classes - 801-209-2328.
- Juniors and Sophomores - Paradigm has concurrent enrollment classes through Salt Lake Community College! This is a great way to earn high school and college credit for required generals. These credits are transferable to all Utah colleges and universities and most in the Western United States. SLCC registration is a one-time $40 application fee and $5 per credit hour, which is an AMAZING deal! The next New Student Orientation will be held on Wednesday June 14th - please visitwww.slcc.edu/concurrenten
rollmentto register. For more information, please see Mrs. Paystrup, Mr. Rogers, or Mrs. Amani.
- Mr. Jones would like his dress code clothes back! If you borrowed any shirts, pants, skirts, or shoes from the Peace Room this year, please return them. These items were generously donated by administration and we need a fully stocked closed for next year!
- The lost and found is located in front of the main office, next to the fishbowl. Please check it for anything you are missing as any leftover items after June 2nd will be donated. If you are missing any jewelry or electronics, please ask the front desk.
- Due to a many requests from parents, Paradigm will be hosting a dress code clothing swap! We will be holding it on Monday June 5th from 11:00 am to 2:00 pmon the outside blacktop on the northeast corner of the school. Families are welcome to donate items for free or they can sell at a reasonable price. Here is how the swap will work:
- Clothing for this swap includes: solid color polo or oxford shirts, docker-style pants/calf-length skirts/girls' capri pants/boys' shorts (no cargo shorts) in khaki or navy blue, solid black or solid brown colored shoes (boys or girls), ties (any style or pattern), white undershirts or long-sleeved shirts, and any Paradigm jackets or sweaters.
- Those who have clothes that they would like to donate, please bring it to Paradigm on Monday June 5th between 9:00 am and 10:30 am ONLY (please do not bring it the week before as we will be getting ready for internal building improvements and won't have room to store them).
- If you would like to SELL any of your gently used clothing, please e-mail Mallory Woodbury before Tuesday May 30th at mwoodbury@paradigmhigh
.org. A space will be reserved for you at the swap for you to set-up shop and sell your items from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. You are responsible for your own methods of payment (i.e. have extra cash on hand for change, electronic methods of payment, etc).
- Volunteers are needed from 9:30 am to 2:00 pm to help with the donation pile and to set-up tables, if you are interested in helping, please contact Mallory Woodbury - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent Volunteer Opportunities
- Our facilities manager, Rob Hansen, is looking for volunteers to help weed the flower beds that surround the perimeter of the school. You are welcome to come anytime, days/evenings/weekends, to weed and be sure to bring your own tools and gloves. Weeds can be taken for composition piles at home or you can toss them in the dumpster located in the front of the school. Bring the whole family and get those volunteer hours finished for the year!