Announcements for April 17-21:
Paradigm High School presents…
Feast and Ball
Saturday May 13, 2017
The Gathering Place at Gardner Village
West Jordan, Utah
Dinner: 6:30-7:30 pm
Pictures: 6:30-8:30 pm
Dance: 8:00-11:00 pm
$50.00 per student, includes:
Premium Buffet Dinner, Picture Package, Dance
Tickets sold May 1st – 4th during lunch ONLY
This is a formal dance, so formal wear is a requirement!
Ladies: Dresses MUST go to the floor (no tea length or high low dresses).
No bare shoulders, no cleavage, no bare backs.
Dresses should have at minimum a cap sleeve or a bolero must be worn.
No sheer clothing and no crop-tops.
Gentlemen: Tuxedoes are encouraged.
Suit jacket, dress shirt, tie, slacks, and dress shoes required.
NO athletic shoes!
If you have any questions about your dress or formal wear, please bring a picture to the front office or to Mrs. Mauer for approval. Students not appropriately dressed will be asked to leave until they meet the requirements listed above.
Paradigm High School Theater presents....
ONCE ON THIS ISLAND
Thursday April 27th, Friday April 28th, Saturday April 29th,
Monday May 1st
Paradigm High School
Tickets: $8.00 - buy them from a cast member or at the door!
Paradigm is DRIPPING WITH TALENT!
Join us for the 11th Annual
Paradigm High School Art Show
Wednesday May 3, 2017
Dinner at 6:00 pm
Duct Tape Fashion Show at 6:30 pm
Award Show at 7:00 pm
All entries are due to room #217 Monday April 24th-Friday April 28th
All 2D artwork must be framed, matted, or mounted with a wire or hook ready to be hung in order to be accepted.
Online submission form MUST be filled out before turning in work.
This information will be used on the title cards for your artwork. Please make sure its accurate and appropriate. You will need to fill this out for each piece of artwork you enter (3 piece limit). Once you fill out this form, fill out an identification paper, attach it to your artwork, and bring it to room #217.
All students who enter and attend the show will be entered in a drawing for prizes!
If you would like to order a meal for dinner, please purchase tickets in advance in the Paradigm office. $7.00 will include Olive Garden soup, salad, and dessert.
- Campaigning for Student Body President has begun. Get to know the candidates - Tristan Schetzel & Jaren Graves, Colton Sosa, Anthony Bowe & Caroline Twitchell, and Anne Tolman, Spencer Barfuss & Emily Payne. The candidates assembly will be held next Monday April 24th and elections will be held the three days after that.
- Tomorrow, Tuesday April 18th, we will be on assembly schedule! This assembly will be held outside (before the rain comes!) so please bring a jacket to wear. This assembly is for high school students ONLY.
- The Junior/Senior Tea Party is THIS Thursday April 20th! If you didn't get an invitation, please see the front office. All 11th and 12th grade students and their parents are invited. We're still looking for help with set-up, serving, and clean-up, so if you can help, please contact Cherie Woolley -volunteers@paradigmschools.
orgor 801-949-1612. We also need a few more food donations - click here to sign-up. Food donations need to be delivered by 1:30 pm on Thursday to Paradigm. All donations can be converted into volunteer hours - 1 hour for every $15 spent.
- There is a meeting for Seniors this Friday April 21st at the start of 2nd period (9:15 am). We will discuss important dates and deadlines coming up, so please make sure you are there!
- Outside credit for all graduating students is due next Friday April 28th! NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Auditions for Concert Band, Intermediate Orchestra, Advanced Orchestra, and Chamber Orchestra are taking place in the next few weeks. Stop by room #134 to see what the requirements are for each group and to sign-up for an audition time.
- Join Orchestra or Band for the 2017-2018 school year! Did you know you can learn to play an instrument at Paradigm? Band and Orchestra are great ways to learn an instrument, become a better musician, and meet great friends. Stop by room #134 and talk to Ms. Arnesen for more details!
- Come sing with the Paradigm High Choirs! Anyo
ne can be in the choir program and anyone can learn to sing. Mrs. Steinmann will hold auditions after school on B days this week for students interested in singing in choir but not currently in choir class. Current choir students will have the opportunity to audition in class. Ladies, if you want to audition for A Capella, please recruit a man who is not currently taking choir for A Capella or Men's Chorus. Choir classes are on B days. If you don't want to audition, you can sign-up for Men's Chorus or Bel Canto (girls' choir) next year.
- You are just our type! We want you on the high school yearbook staff next year! Do you enjoy photography, graphic design, reporting, and writing? Then the yearbook staff is for you! Come and pick-up an application in the library.
- Next year, Paradigm will be offering Senior Honors English. Senior Honors English is designed for seniors and graduating juniors with exceptional ability and interest in English. Emphasis is placed on a critical analysis of selected works of literature. This class is intended to prepare students to take the AP English Language or AP English Literature test at the end of the year to earn college English credit. Please see Ms. Lattin for more details and for an application.
- Are you a creative person? Do you love a good poem, story, photo, or work of art? Do you have an eye for detail? If so, then Paradigm's new Literary Magazine class may be for you! Literary Magazine will be offered as a class next year and the first magazine staff will have the honor of naming, designing it, as well as selecting and editing works of prose, poetry, and visual arts of Paradigm students for our premiere issue. If interested, please see Ms. Lattin for details!
- Looking to do credit recovery this summer? Utah Online School is a great resource and you can now sign-up for summer classes - www.hs.utahonline.org.